Monday, September 12, 2011

responses to politcal issues

Matt T.
I agree with you on many of your ideas, in my opinion the economy should be the main issue of the day and if history has taught us anything it’s that even a popular president can be voted out of office in the economy is in shambles by the end of their first term.  Although, you said that military spending hurts in many ways it helps the economy because the military regulates that military equipment has to be made the United States and this creates jobs for many average Americans and this in turn helps stimulate the economy and brings down the unemployment rate.  Also you said that we should reduce our dependence on oil fuel, which I also believe in, but if we do that the corporations will be sent into a state of panic and they will start laying off workers to save money, so how could we possibly at this time reduce our dependency on oil?  Also with helping in Darfur, which I agree we should help them, but as you said about NATO we are not the only country in the world that is possible in helping others, other countries as well should be helping, the weight of this should not entirely rest on our shoulders.

Ben N.
I agree that the consumer market would go down, but I'm not quite sure what you mean about self-reliance, there are some things in my opinion that can only be bought through a store and cannot be manufactured at home. Is this what you meant by self-reliance that the family will create what they need?  Also in regards to gun control it’s my opinion that most guns are obtained by criminals illegally, I believe that it should be harder to obtain guns, but not by the legal way the government should carefully monitor any possible black markets that would sell guns.

No comments:

Post a Comment