Sunday, January 8, 2012

Constituent Letter

Dear Senator Toomey,
My name is Alex Ramos and I am a senior at Haverford High School, I am also studying AP Government.  I would like to show my support for S. CON. RES. 13 because I feel that it is the least thing the nation can do to show support and honor the members of the Armed Forces.  I have several family members that have served in several branches of the military and my family supports and thanks them for all of their distinguished service, I feel that the entire nation should also honor our men and women who made sacrifices to serve our nation.  This is an important bill in my opinion because our nation has had a history of sometimes forgetting or underestimating the sacrifice and courage that our soldiers have shown, it can be traced as far back to the War of 1812.  This war has been nearly forgotten, but this negligence to history should not be because there were men and women who made sacrifices and they should be honored for their sacrifices.  Another more recent war that plagued its honorable veterans was the Vietnam War, at the time there were acts by some Americans that showed disrespect for those soldiers.  Thankfully those soldiers today are showed more respect, but that respect should never of been taken away from them in the first place.  This is why S. CON. RES. 13 is a necessary bill so that we can show our brave men and women that the nation will support them no matter what the cost. Thank you for listening to my opinion on the matter and hopefully the bill will be passed. 

Sincerely,
Alex Ramos

1 comment:

  1. I like your letter! It's nice and direct. You could add a short sentence or two about the bill, though. The Congressmen might look at a lot of bills, so the summary of the bill would refresh their mind. You can also change the comma in " service, I feel" to a period. There are several more issues like that. However, a spectacular point about your letter is the personal connection you added in.

    ReplyDelete